Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Project

So, because I don't have enough to do, really, I've started a new project where I write a story every day. My goal is to get something published, and I'm concentrating on children's stories. Mostly because I have the mentality of a child.

NOTE: My main goal is to get some sort of picture book published that deals with grief and death and dying, not because I'm especially morbid or anything, but because I volunteer with a group that helps grieving children and do you know how hard it is to find the perfect grieving book to read a six-year-old? It's hard, is what I'm saying. So I figured I'd just write some myself.

Also. Um. What else. Oh. I won't be posting on the weekends, most likely, although now that I've said that, I'll probably post like a BAJILLION times on the weekend and break the internet. I apologize in advance.

Also also. I'll probably post more than one thing today, so this blog is not so empty and barren.

That's all.

5 comments:

CristyThoughts said...

Sounds like an amazing discovery road to explore. Good luck!

Never That Easy said...

Jennie - I think that sounds AMAZING! You will definitely achieve your goal, and it will be fabulous. I did my Masters Thesis on dealing with disabilities in classrooms using picture books, so I know just how important it is to have books to help kids deal with the issues they are facing. And how hard it is to find quality books that talk about hard things. I haven't talked myself into actually writing the stories I know I want to write yet (cuz I'm a big chicken), but I am so looking forward to reading your stories! Grabbing your feed as I type. :)

You can call me, 'Sir' said...

Wowie zowie! I've never typed that before now. You're welcome.

This is such a great idea. You = awesome.

Jennie said...

Thanks, everyone!

PS: NTE, start writing!

vahid said...

You are getting harder and harder to keep up with. Still, sign me up for the ride.